Despite the much instability that are affecting the majority of its neighbors’, including some European ones, Morocco is fast becoming one of the best emerging markets for investment. Over the last decade, Morocco has witnessed an accelerated process of political, economic and social reforms, and its steady economic growth and strategic geographic position make it an investment opportunity well worth considering.
Morocco also is strategically located with both Atlantic and Mediterranean coastlines, and a rugged mountainous interior. Being Europe's nearest exotic location, only three hours flight from the UK and offering many attractions, as well as the excellent climate, it is becoming an increasingly popular tourist destination.
Some advantages of investing in Morocco:
- Property prices are at least 50% less than other European resorts;
- Low cost of living - experience a luxury lifestyle at little expense;
- Booming property market, with some areas averaging over 30% per annum;
- Between 0% and 20% tax on any capital gains;
- 0% Inheritance Tax to family;
- No annual property tax for first 5 years;
- Rental occupancy reaching 85% most years during the Peak Season;
- 70% mortgages available from local leading banks;
- Increased tourism generated by the “Vision 2020” project will create huge
requirements for rental accommodation;
- “Vision 2020” to provide new roads, marinas, trains, 5 star resorts, shopping malls,
golf courses, beach clubs. With investments exceeding 10 billion Dollars US;
- Safe investment- Notary supervised property registration similar to France & Spain;
- Cheaper flights with low cost carriers.