The award ceremony of the 5th 'Young Auditor - 2016' graduate competition was held in the premises of the University of Finance, Business and Entrepreneurship on June 8th 2016.
The 'Young Auditor' competition is an initiative, undertaken by the University of Finance, Business and Entrepreneurship (VUZF), together with some of the leading auditing companies in Bulgaria – HLB Bulgaria and Zaharinova and Partners. The competition is designed to promote the audit profession among the younger generation and to highlight the role, and the importance, of audit reviews for the country's economy and the society as a whole.
This year's anniversary competition, 'Young auditor – 2016', was attended by more than 160 students, from 18 local and foreign universities. The majority of the participants were students, enrolled in the University of National and World Economy, the University of Finance, Business and Entrepreneurship (VUZF), the D. Tsenov Academy of Economics – Svishtov, and the University of Economics - Varna. 119 participants were admitted to the second stage, which involved test solving. Over 60% of those gathered the requisite correct answers quota and were allowed to the third and final stage, where the finalists were tested by solving case studies.
Among the official guests at the award ceremony were:
- Ms. Diana Yordanova, MP, Vice-President of the Budget and Finance Committee of the National Assembly,
- Mr. Tsvetan Tsvetkov Chairman of the Bulgarian National Audit Office,
- Ms. Vesela Karaivanova, Deputy Governor of NSSI,
- Ms. Vanya Doneva, Chairman of the Commission for Public Oversight of Statutory Auditors,
- Mr. Boyko Kostov, Chairman of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ICPA),
- Mr. Emil Evlogiev, Deputy chairman of the ICPA,
- Mr. Velin Filipov and Ms. Valya Yordanova, Deputy Chairman of MB of the ICPA,
- Ventsislav Georgiev, Director PFIA,
- Mr. Lyudmil Spasov, Deputy Chairman of MB of the Institute of Internal Auditors in Bulgaria (IVOB)
- Mr. Denislav Sokolov, Member of the MB of IVOB,
- Prof. Dr. Lalko Dulevski, Chairman of the Economic and Social Council,
- Prof. Neno Pavlov, Deputy Chairman of the Economic and Social Council
Official speakers at the opening ceremony of the 'Young Auditor – 2016' competition were Prof. Dr. Grigoriy Vazov – Rector of the University of Finance, Business and Entrepreneurship, representatives of the evaluation committee, Prof. Ognyan Simeonov, Prof. Mihail Dinev and Ms. Milena Hristova, Manager of HLB Bulgaria.
The fifth edition of 'Young Auditor' – the most prestigious national competition for auditing students, was launched on March 14, 2016. The participants competed in three stages: online registration on the competition’s website, solving test and a case-study.
Relying on traditions, yet striving to further arouse interest in the competition, and thus in the audit profession as a whole, the organizers of 'Young Auditor – 2016' awarded finalists ever so attractive awards:
- First place in the National Competition for Audit students – 'Young auditor – 2016' was awarded to Anna Mavrodieva, currently a student of the UNWE.
- Ms. Mavrodieva was awarded with a 1 month internship in the companies, co-organizers of the competition – HLB Bulgaria LTD and Zaharinova and Partners LTD, receiving also a monetary award of BGN 2,000, provided by the Auditing Company HLB Bulgaria LTD, and a plaque, accompanied by a certificate of participation.
Finalists were presented by Ms. Diana Yordanova, Deputy Chairman of the Budget and Finance Parliamentary Committee and Ms. Milena Hristova, Manager of HLB Bulgaria.